If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you may receive government funding to help cover our course fees.
Please note that The IELTS Prep Centre does not apply for these grants for you. This is for your information only!
Second Career (Employment Ontario)
You can get new skills – those needed for jobs in demand now – and financial support when you qualify for Second Career. Apply for up to $28,000 for costs including:
- manuals, workbooks or other instructional costs
- basic living allowance (maximum $410 per week)
- child care
You qualify for Second Career if:
- you have been laid off and have not been working
- you have been laid off and are working a temporary job just to cover costs
- you’re receiving Employment Insurance (EI), or have in the past
When applying for Second Career, you’ll work with an employment services agency, where people are trained to help you decide if this program is right for you – and, if it is, to complete your application.
Canada-Ontario Job Grant
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant provides direct financial support to individual employers who wish to purchase training for their employees. It is available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees, and will:
- provide up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs
- require employers to contribute one-third of the total costs
- require training to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer
Please note that your employer must apply for this grant. Contact Employment Ontario to check whether your employer is eligible.